Did anyone else notice the models’ skin at Stella McCartney’s show last week, or was it just me? Although Fashion Month was coming to a close and the girls were most likely exhausted, they still managed to look picture perfect thanks to Stella’s skincare guru, Sunday Riley. Each of the models were given a pre-makeup application facial given by Sunday Riley’s resident facialist Caroline Hirons, and the results were striking. I am seeing the backstage facial as an upcoming trend in the beauty world, especially given the ‘skin first, makeup second’ philosophy that’s been gaining popularity these days.
When I heard that Sunday Riley was behind the glow, I was so excited and definitely not surprised. I am a HUGE fan. I love it all, her Bionic Anti-Aging Cream, her Start Over Active Eye Cream and her Effortless Tinted Breathable Primer (ALL MUST HAVES!).
As the busy girls we all are, sometimes we don’t have time to carve out for a facial. So in the meantime, this is how you can get that same Stella facial at home. I tried it, and fell in love! My skin was indeed dewy, awake and alive afterwards. This is the type of self-love that you will want to give to yourself before a night out or on a Sunday morning when you wake up looking like a tired train wreck. It happens to the best of us.
Trust me, with this facial, radiant skin is soon to follow:
1. Mix 3 pumps of Good Genes Treatment (a multi-tasking serum which immediately brightens skin, plumps lines, evens out hyperpigmentation and acne scars, and creates a smooth texture) with 1 pump of Ceramic Slip Cleanser (a vitamin rich clay cleanser that reduces pore size, removes impurities, and boosts radiance).
2. Leave on the skin for 5-10 minutes and rinse off to reveal flawless, healthy skin. I leave on for 20 minutes usually.
3. Rub together 3-4 drops of Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil into the palms of the hands and pat onto the skin for instant radiance. This sparkling, bright, lemon-scented serum helps balance the complexion while providing clarifying and toning benefits. If you have slightly oilier skin, skip the oil, and use a cream instead. I am the BIGGEST fan of the Bionic Anti-aging cream. It totally plumps your skin and leaves you really dewy. All girls need this baby.
4. Dot Start Over Eye Cream around the entire eye area and gently massage to relieve eye stress and depuff the eye area. This cooling, lifting eye cream is formulated with key ingredients that correct, protect, and nourish the delicate eye area while immediately helping to appear more rested and alert.
5. Apply Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer all over the face. This lightweight primer oxygenates and plumps to leave skin perfectly textured, polished and youthful, with a touch of radiance.