In case you haven’t heard, Sienna is back. She stars in the award winning movie American Sniper (maybe you know it?), she’s got that funny Vogue spoof of herself, which I find quite amusing, she is mother to a beautiful daughter, and has a string of more films being released later this year. I couldn’t help but notice how amazing she looked at the Oscars. She looks fresh, beautiful, and super sexy – like just as good as her Layer Cake days. Her makeup was by far one of my favorites on the red carpet. Created by famed makeup artist Charlotte “queen of the cat eye” Tilbury, the look channeled old Hollywood Audrey Hepburn-esque glamour.
I’m usually a cream based makeup girl, keeping it light and bright and glowy, but there is something about this look. There’s a bit of contouring there, and it really makes Sienna’s cheekbones pop. The shades are all super nude, so they really stand out against her blond hair and jet black gown. I also love that lip color! So, I have a friend’s wedding coming up, and I think I’ll try to mimic this look on myself for the big night. You can’t go wrong with a little Sienna and a bit of Audrey. If you’re equally as obsessed, here is exactly what Tilbury used to create the look:
1. To start, Charlotte Tilbury applied her Goddess Skin Clay Mask, a product that Charlotte says is “the key to shrinking pores and tightening the skin, leaving you with a perfectly dewy, plumped and revived red carpet glow.”
2. Charlotte’s Magic Cream (Charlotte’s “secret to red carpet skin”) and Wonderglow were applied to hydrate the skin and create a soft-focus which is great for pictures.
3. Charlotte then applied Light Wonder Foundation in 6 Medium and 7 Medium, then the Retoucher Concealer in 2 Fair under the eyes and 3 Medium for the rest of Sienna’s face.
4. Next, Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in 1 Fair and 2 Medium was applied only to the T-Zone to control shine without taking away from the dewiness on the rest of the skin.
5. To enhance Sienna’s eyebrows, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Grace K and Cara D.
6. Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black and The Feline Flick Quick Fine Line Shodo Pen were used over the lash line to dramatically define the eyes.
7. Using her Eye Smudger Brush for The Eyeshadow Luxury Palette in The Sophisticate, and Full Fat Lashes, Charlotte accentuated Sienna’s “winged” eyes, focusing on the crease and lash line areas.
8. To enhance the cheekbones, Charlotte applied Filmstar Bronze & Glow with the Powder & Sculpt Brush, following the hollows of the cheeks and along the jaw line with the bronzer. She applied the highlighter shade to the top of the cheekbones.
9. To further accentuate Sienna’s features, Beach Sticks in Moon Beach and Ibiza were used to illuminate and sculpt.
10. To prep the lips, Charlotte used Lip Love Lip Scrub and Lip Magic. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk to mimic the pigment of Sienna’s lips and was filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect.
11. For an all over glow, Charlotte applied Supermodel Body all over Sienna’s limbs.