The month of October brings so many wonderful things: the leaves turn beautiful shades of red and yellow, temperatures cool down and the planning begins to bring family back together for the holidays. School is in session, weekend brunches resume, and it’s time to retire your flowing summer dresses to make room for jeans, tall suede boots and cashmere sweaters.
I don’t know about you girls, but all of this amazing “back to school” energy inspires me to get reorganized. Living in New York, I have to work with limited space, so there is nothing more satisfying than doing a deep clean. This morning I decided to tackle my desk area. As someone who works from home, maintaining a clean workspace is the key to keeping focused. Also essential to my productivity is a well-edited drawer of beauty products that keep me fresh and relaxed throughout the day.
In the spirit of new beginnings and cutting out the unnecessary, I decided to share my list of desk-side essentials with all of you. Hand cream for hydrated hands, the perfect lip balm for a soft pout and refreshing makeup removing wipes for instantly clean skin are among the necessary elements of a perfectly edited beauty drawer.
- Agate Bookends – These couldn’t be cuter.
- Eve Lom Hand Cream SPF 10 – Nobody likes old hand.
- Rodin Lip balm – Functional and beautiful.
- Diptyque Do Son Solid EDP – Heavy in the best way ever, and smells divine.
- Dior Lip Glow – Moisturizing and gives the best color.
- Agent Nateur Deodorant – The deodorant for the cool kids.
- SK-II Midday Essence – Because it’s Cate Blanchett’s secret to perfect skin.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo – Every editor buzzes about this one.
- Rohto Eye Drops – The best one that I have found.
- Tatcha Pore Perfecting SPF 35 – An oxybenzone sunscreen that smells and looks amazing.
- Tatcha Oil Absorbing Sheet – For that mid-day oil removal.
- Glossier Balm Dotcom – A coconut scented multi-purpose balm.
- RMS Beauty “Un” Powder – Because it’s the best thing ever to get rid of shine.
- Large Amethyst Crystal – For good vibes and technology detox.