Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, which leaves me pondering the name ole’ question – What in the he** am I going to do with my nails? The big V-Day is no exception to the simple fact that all holidays are just another excuse to play dress up with our nails. For this romantic holiday, I’m dying to try something unexpected. Here. It. Is.
Is this not the cutest little Valentine’s Day heart inspired manicure by Jin Soon Choi? Seriously, I cannot wait to test this out for myself! Jin Soon, Founder of JINsoon Nail Lacquer (my fav, duh), gave me the easiest step-by-step to get this cutesy heart nail at home.
This is the simple how-to:
1. File and shape your nails in a natural square or roundish shape.
2. Apply a base coat like JINsoon Power Coat.
3. Apply a pink shade, like Nars Trouville, on the entire nail bed.
4. Apply JINsoon Coral Peony on one side of the nail, covering about 3/4’s of the nail bed and ending in a subtle curve to create half of the heart shape. Then, repeat on the other side, taking special care to intersect the two sides at the center of the nail.
5. Apply JINsoon Coquette (this is actually the best red ever) on one side of the nail covering about half of the nail bed and ending in the same subtle curve as you did when applying the Coral Peony. Repeat on the other side, again taking special care to intersect the two sides at the center of the nail.
6. Finish with a high-shine top coat like JINsoon Top Gloss.