My top 5 beauty resolutions (that every girl should adopt):
1. Drink more water! Why is this so hard. I MUST drink at least eight 16 oz. glasses of water a day. Don’t be fooled into thinking that water is only going to make you puffier. In fact, water flushes out all the toxins that can start to build up.
2. Take my Vitamins. I take a concoction of vitamins including Probiotics, Omega-3, Biotin and B-12 every morning and night. I need to figure out a easier way to travel in an organized manner with all of my pills.
3. Yoga, yoga, yoga. I go through phases (or obsessions rather) with different types of exercise. In 2012 I trained for the NYC Marathon. In 2013 I became obsessed with Barry’s Bootcamp and SoulCycle. Now, I’m trying to find peace, strength and balance through yoga. My inspiration? My friend Taylor who I recently visited in LA. I saw her back in October and she has seriously never looked better and she credits it all to yoga, at least 4 times per week. She looked skinny, yet toned and strong. In addition to yoga, I plan to run at least 3-4 times a week.
4. Floss regularly! This is something I just need to get involved in. Right?
5. I put so much time and care into my face…but what about my chest, neck and hands? I want to start treating my body with serums and oils the same way that I treat my face.
Who says resolutions have to end with the new year? In case you’re interested, here are my top 5 beauty resolutions from previous years that I will continue to maintain (and you should too) in 2014:
6. Start my day with a green juice. It’s practically impossible for me to begin the day without my green juice. My favorite is Hale to Kale from Juice Generation (Kale, Apple, Watermelon, Lemon, plus I add Ginger and Burn). I am also really into Suja Juice from California (sold at Whole Foods and online). There is no better way to start the day.
7. Get a facial once a month (at the Dangene Skin Institute) and apply at home facemasks whenever possible. I like to apply “radiant facemasks,” 3-4 times per week and more hardcore glycolic facemasks (like Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask) once a week.
8. Take detox baths. I am obsessed with baths, and not just the relaxing kind. This is totally nerdy but I like to take my ipad or iphone into the bath and work away while the toxins are released from my body. I love Epsom salt baths and recently became obsessed with Susan Ciminelli Algae Fine Bath Power. Order this now, please. I try to bathe at least 5 times per week.
9. Consume less dairy. Three years ago I gave up my morning dairy, meaning that I stopped drinking the skim milk, half and half in my AM (or PM) coffee. I replaced these dairy products with almond milk, and I literally felt one of the biggest changes in my body. I legitimately never get sick (fingers crossed). Never. This year, I am going to try to eat less dairy all around.
10. “Go green.” Last year I vowed to feed my skin and body with more and more organic products, eat more super foods, juice and more protein. This year will be no different.