Last weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting the magical and remote Twin Farms in Woodstock, Vermont. The best part is that I spent it with one of my favorite people in the entire world…my mom! It was a super special and picturesque weekend that I’ll remember forever. We hiked, ate, drank, steamed, biked and enjoyed the traditional Japanese Furrow. We also took full advantage of the spa, which was completely stocked with Tata Harper products. How cool is that?!
One of my favorite treatments was the manicure, complete with a mini ‘facial’ for my hands. I had really never thought about treating my hands in this way before. But I am telling you, my hands have never looked better. I was so excited to discover that Tata Harper’s (my all natural and non-toxic favorite) soothing and cooling Resurfacing Mask, featuring Apricot Stem Cells and an ultra-hydrating boost of coconut water, also doubles as a hand mask. Apricot Stem Cells add powerful anti-inflammatory and soothing benefits to this resurfacing treatment by helping to reduce redness, promote an even tone and boost skin tolerance – perfect for combatting the effects of outdoor exposure during summer months. Coconut water preserves moisture while helping to decrease skin roughness and boosts cellular renewal – like a drink of cool water to revive the skin after a long day outside.
In response to my very well received anti-aging hand story, I wanted to follow up with an at-home treatment for your precious little hands. Why? Well, the problem is that we don’t recognize the signs of aging on our skin until its too late! The hands are almost an after thought. At least this is the case for me.
The next time you find yourself at home in front of the TV, indulge that thin skin of the hands in moisturizing bliss with Tata Harper’s Resurfacing Mask. Here’s what to do:
1. Begin by cleansing the hands. I really like Tata’s Regenerating Cleanser, since it’s made of gentle yet effective apricot beads that buff the skin and give a nice illumination.
2. Apply a thick layer of the Resurfacing Mask on clean hands, fronts and backs. Remember, our hands are one of the first spots to really show the signs of the change of weather – they’re dry, easily cracked, easily irritated, as the skin is so thin and exposed. This Mask is great because it retexturizes and softens dry, tough skin, without stripping, and it’s beet root extract helps preserve moisture so you aren’t doing any harm.
3. Carefully put your hands inside two small (sandwich size) zip lock bags and leave for 20 to 30 minutes (10 minutes is recommended for sensitive skin). The mask will work with or without the zip lock bags, but this just prevents a lil’ mess.
4. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
5. If you have non-sensitive skin, use once a week for instant glow. If you have sensitive skin, try using it every two weeks. This treatment is sure to minimize the appearance of pores and improve the texture of your skin so it stays soft and healthy.
6. Follow-up with a lush cream, like Rodin or Elemental Herbology Tree of Life Balm.