The holiday countdown has officially begun, and while I am looking forward to upcoming festivities, I can’t help but face the facts: When it comes to holidays, with joy comes stress. Between work, travel, friends, family, and everything in between, my calendar is completely insane. If I wanted, I could have plans every single night of the week, from now until the end of the year—It’d be a nightmare!
To avoid going completely insane, I make it a point to dedicate, at the very least, one night to myself. I make a point to regroup, detox and chill. During these relaxing evenings, I usually follow the same routine that recharges both my body and mind. Want in on my rejuvenating secrets?
1. I start by taking a Bikram yoga class and drinking plenty of water. Bikram is literally amazing. I’m addicted. There are so many benefits (too many to name). But just to give you an idea—Weight loss, digestion regulation, arthritis prevention, back pain alleviation, sleep promotion, hair and beauty (that “Bikram Glow”) health, and stress and anxiety management are all apart of the Bikram benefit package. You simply must try.
2. I immediately come home and shower, washing all the toxins off my skin. Next, I take a bath. I am a HUGE bath person. The detox medicinal bath is my favorite (I’m not much of a bubble bath girl). I mix 2 cups Epsom salts with 2 cups baking soda into a hot tub and relax for 20 minutes. The Epsom salts will draw impurities out of your body and help relax your muscles, while the baking soda neutralizes acids on the skin and dissolves oil and perspiration. Apparently 20 minutes is all you need because toxins can come back into the skin if you soak longer, yikes. You can totally add essential oils to the bath for a yummier scent. Im OBSESSED with Aromatherapy Associates Bath Oils.
3. Oh, so before the shower…light a candle! I just got the new candle that I am super excited about. It’s the Cire Trudon Trianon. OMG it smells like heaven. It’s a gorgeous mixture of roses, white flowers and musk. It’s the perfect touch when you’re trying to set a calming mood.
4. After my bath, I quickly rinse everything off, then turn off the water to exfoliate. I am really into Eastern beauty treatments and the Hammam, which is why I switch off between Red Flower Hammam Lemon Coffee Blossom Olive Stone Scrub and my Dermasuri’s Deep Exfoliating Mitt (also originated from the Hammam).The coffee scrub is slightly more gentle than the mitt. The mitt removes so much dead skin that you can actually SEE it coming off. Again, I rinse off and then shampoo my hair.
5. While still in the shower, I apply a hair mask, one that I can sleep in. I love Sachajuan Over Night Hair Repair, because it works while I sleep. I make sure to really load the product onto my ends.
6. After the shower, I immediately, I apply moisture back into my body. I love oils because they really do the job. There’s only one problem: oils tend to get messy. This is why I love spray oil! Nuxe just sent me their latest dry oil, Love From Paris Huile Prodigieuse, which comes in spray form! Genius.
7. After my body oil is applied, I go for a double facemask. First, on my eyes, I apply Klorane Eye Patches. Then I apply a full-face facemask to my clean skin, blending down into my neck. Today I’m all about OM Detox Manuka Honey Face Masque. It’s a healing blend of Manuka Honey and organic Papaya. If that doesn’t tempt you enough, Apricot extracts gently lift and remove dull skin cells for a brighter, smoother complexion. I leave on for 20 minutes, and wash off.
8. Post mask, I apply another oil. I love RMS Beauty Oil because it does exactly what it says. You’ll look and feel beautiful. Trust me. Next, I apply my eye cream, of course, which I totally load on. My current fave is Rodial Bee Venom Eye Cream. You simply can’t go wrong with this baby.
9. In bed, I add a swipe of Earth Tu Face Skin Stick to my lips and eyebrows. Why the eyebrows? It just feels right and I swear it makes my brows thicker and darker. Who doesn’t want statement eyebrows right now? They are the ultimate fall accessory.
10. Finally, I take care of my hands. They do so much work during the day! I use Rodin Hand Cream, because the smell is just so RICH and it puts me right to sleep. I apply RGB nail oil on my cuticles. Last but not least, I roll on the Tata Harper Aromatic Stress Treatment onto my pulse points inside wrists, on temples and each side of neck. For a real kick, you can apply liberally to your palms, rub your hands together and inhale deeply from palms a minimum of 5 deep breaths. Now this is better than xanax.
Every girl needs some quality personal time, especially when she has to look fabulous as the time.