For the last and final installment of my LA recap, I take it organic. Right in West Hollywood, and oh-so conveniently next to my fave juice place of all time, Beverly Hills Juice – did you hear, apparently JUICE is the new black – is the delightfully magical and amazing Detox Market. Their motto is simple: Where Parisian chic meets green California.
Co-founder Valérie is a breast cancer survivor and during her healing journey, she discovered the inordinate amount of toxicity in personal care products. Yes, we have all heard it and its true. Every single product at DM is meticulously dissected for toxic and controversial ingredients, meaning that you won’t find parabens, phthalates, glycols, PEGs or synthetics in anything.
After spending over an hour analyzing everything myself and literally interrogating the nice girl who helped me, I believe that I walked out of the store with the best 5 products they had to offer. This is what I bought, love and am now obsessed with…and this is what YOU need.
1. Suntegrity 5-in-1 Moisturizing Face Sunscreen, SPF 30: My friends are always asking me for sunscreen recs, and it’s so embarrassing…I never know what to tell them! Now I have the answer. This is the ultimate BB Cream. It treats, hydrates, protects, primes and provides skin with a gorgeous, sheer coverage. Received a #1 Rating by the EWG – BOOM. Red algae and certified organic aloe vera, jojoba, sunflower, pomegranate, cucumber and green tea provide the face with additional sun defense and hydration. Non-nano sized zinc-oxide protects the skin while providing anti-inflammatory properties that help with rosacea, acne and melasma.
2. Soapwalla Deodorant Cream: This is a natural, organic deodorant that works. Not kidding – I have been using it (through Soul Cycle, Spin and a 6 mile run!) and it’s a true miracle. This all-natural, yet powerful deodorant cream utilizes superfine vegetable powders, clays, lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils to absorb moisture, inhibit bacteria, and ensure a long-lasting and highly effective experience. It also has a frosting-like consistency I weirdly love.
3. Rare El’Ements El Treatment Oil: This lovely oil is the perfect once a week treatment for all hair types. With each use, the hair begins to recover by regaining its youthful appearance and radiant shine. This oil does it all. It deposits deep penetrating moisture to strengthen and protect the hair shaft AND helps nourish hair follicle to stimulate stronger, healthier hair growth. You simply can’t beat it.
4. Tela Plumping Lip Balm: This 100% USDA Certified Organic Lip Balm is pure heaven. Cinnamon warms and tingles the lips to naturally plump their appearance, while serving as a moisture binder and skin strengthener. I’m kinda addicted.
5. Vapour Instant Skin Protector, Stratus 902: This original organic BB Cream, 3-in-1 moisturizer, primer, and no-color foundation gives your skin the perfect glow. Every girl needs this. I have been applying every day, alone or before my foundation, and it immediately gives me that radiant dewy look.
The light reflective technology immediately perfects the appearance of my skin, its insane. It is packed with organic pumpkin and papaya complex, essential fatty acid rich Organic Evening Primrose, essential amino acid Lysine and skin supportive silica. SO amazing, because it is all the performance of a luxury moisturizer and primer with none of the silicone or chemicals!
Detox Market proved to be a major…major score.